WHAT IS PM DAKSH PORTAL?
On 8th August, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment launched the PM DAKSH portal and PM DAKSH mobile app. PM DAKSH stands for Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi). It’s primary aim is to provide skill development schemes to the target groups in an easier way.
This portal and app is developed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, in collaboration with National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
It is a national action plan for eligible persons(who are notified).
Those training programmes include short term training programmes, Up-skilling or reskilling, Long term training programme etc and Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
FEATURES OF PM DAKSH PORTAL
- Through PM DAKSH, the targeted groups can get information about skill development training happening near them and they can register themselves in those skill development programmes.
- This portal can register the trainees record by scanning their face and eye during their training period.
- Monitoring facility that is they will be monitored via photo and video clip during training.
- It aims to improve or strengthen the skills or abilities of about 2.7 lakh persons in the next 5 years.
- Beginning with an aim of 0.5 lakh persons in the first year.
- It will majorly include
Artisans → They can improve their earning capacities with new skills or abilities.
Women → They can enter into self-employment, and can strengthen them financially.
Youth → They may take long term training and thus acquire specialization to gain a better place in the market.
Who is eligible for this training, what is the eligibility criteria.
First of all, the primary requirement for being admitted in those skill development programmes is that the age of the candidate must be between 18 and 45 years.
Now, once a person is in the given age, then he has to be in one of the categories given below-
- Candidate is of Scheduled Caste.
- Candidates belong to Other backward Classes(OBC) and have annual family income less than 3 lakhs.
- Candidate belong to Economically Backward Classes(EBCs) having family annual income less than Rs.1 lakh
- Safai Karamcharis(including Waste Pickers).
BENEFITS UNDER THIS SCHEME
- Training is free of cost, not a single penny will be charged.
- Stipend will be given of Rs 1000 to Rs 1500 per month.
- Trained candidates will be provided a certificate of completion of their training.
- Placements will also be provided after successful training and assessment.
So, we have discussed everything about it, but one can ask, who will provide this training, who has authority to provide the training.
According to PIB Government – “These training programs are implemented through Government Training Institutes, Sector Skill Councils constituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and other credible institutions.”
OTHER INITIATIVES OF GOVERNMENT FOR SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 → Launched in 2021 → Over 300 skill courses available.
- National Career Service Project → Launched in 2015 → Free online skill trainings
- Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood → District Level Skilling
- Kaushal Acharya Awards → To motivate more trainers in the Skill India Mission.
- Atmanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping → Launched in 2020 → To help skilled people in finding sustainable livelihood opportunities.